Our vacancies are also posted on the Gloucestershire County Council website
Please scroll down the page to view all our current vacancies.
Learning Support Worker
We are looking to appoint a fixed term Learning Support Worker to join our dedicated and friendly team. The successful applicant should have a passion for working with special educational needs and disabilities that include severe learning difficulties, physical difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties, severe autism, and challenging behaviours. The main purpose of the Learning Support Worker role is to support teaching and learning within classes.
The post is part time working 27.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, from 9.15am until 3.15pm (term time only including INSET days). The requirements of the post are-
- a passion and enthusiasm for teaching and learning
- experience of working with children with special educational needs
- flexibility and a willingness to work with pupils of any age
- an ability to inspire and encourage pupils to achieve and aim high
- an effective team player
The post will be fixed term until 31st August 2019 and is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
If you would like to visit the school please contact the Receptionist on 01452 874000 to book onto one of the following tours:-
- Wednesday 14th November at 10.00am
- Friday 16th November at 10.00am
- Tuesday 20th November at 2.00pm
Please email your application form to our Personnel Officer, . Please note that CVs, or applications received after the closing date (12 noon on Friday 23rd November), will not be accepted. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 4th December. Applicants who have not heard of the progress of their application within 2 weeks of the closing date should assume that they have not been shortlisted.
This school is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We have our own bank of supply staff and are currently welcoming applications for the following positions:
Casual Learning Support Worker
To cover in the event of staff absence to support teaching staff with their responsibility for the development and education of the pupils, who have a wide range of special needs, and under the direction and control of the classroom teacher or designated supervisor to:
- actively engage in the pre-determined educational activities and work programmes to assist in personal and individual development of individual or groups of pupils.
- supervise the activities of individuals or groups of pupils to ensure their safety and to facilitate their physical and emotional development
- undertake those activities necessary to meet the physical and emotional needs of individuals and groups of children
- monitor individual pupils and report problems and concerns to the designated supervisor
- where appropriate, and following any necessary specific training, perform specialised procedures associated with a child’s particular needs, for example: personal & intimate care, administration of medication (oral, rectal); care for a child during a crisis, (such as an epileptic fit or diabetic coma); facilitate mobility in the process of assisting with educational activities and meeting the needs of individual children, to assist with preparing classroom resources (collecting items from stock rooms, libraries etc; photocopying/laminating; assisting with classroom and corridor displays); to assist with general laundry duties; to participate in trips out of school (where qualified to drive the school minibus if required); to help keep the classroom and associated areas tidy.
- to assist in the swimming pool as and when required
- to attend training sessions provided by the school and to claim for this time if not within the postholder’s contracted hours
Casual LSW's are required to work from 9.15am until 3.15pm with a 30 minute unpaid break (5.5 hours per day). The salary is £9.79 per hour (grade E, scp 13) and will be paid a month in arrears (hours to be submitted by claim forms at the end of each month).
Please note that this is a zero hour contract and regular hours cannot be guaranteed. Casual LSW's are contacted by text between 6.30am and 8.30am to see if they are available to work that day.
If you are interested in applying for a post please contact the reception to book onto the next school tour to learn more about the school and for an informal interview.
Stephanie Fox, The Milestone School, Longford Lane, Gloucester. GL2 9EU
If you would like more information please telephone Stephanie Fox - 01452 874060
Casual Supply Play Worker
During the dinner time period Play Makers support pupil’s feeding and then ensure they have the opportunity to access engaging and rewarding play experiences. We are looking to recruit Casual Playmakers (zero hour contract) to cover staff absence. The main duties include:-
- encouraging pupils to engage in play
- ensuring the environment is safe for play
- observing play
- facilitating activities to support the extension of play.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 12noon until 1.30pm and the salary is Grade D, scp 11..
Please return application forms to:
Adi Hargreaves, The Milestone School, Longford Lane, Gloucester. GL2 9EU
If you would like more information please telephone Adi Hargreaves - 01452 874005